Bill is a Principal in McKinney-based Carey Cox Company, a commercial real estate firm specializing in McKinney and Collin County. In 2022, Carey Cox Company is celebrating 45 years in business, and more importantly, is a 4th generation family business based in McKinney.
Bill is a McKinney High School and University of Texas at Austin graduate.
A few of Bill’s accomplishments:
- Past Chairman of the McKinney Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Current member and former Chairman of the Collin County Planning Board
- Board member and past Chairman of the Collin College Foundation Board of Directors
- Co-Chair of Collin College’s successful $600 million bond program
- Past president of the Rotary Club of McKinney
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Board of Directors – Texas Association of Realtors and Collin County Association of Realtors
- City of McKinney – Chairman of Planning and Zoning Commission, City County At Large and Mayor Pro-Tem
- Co-Chair of successful City of McKinney Bond Election
- Bill has been named the McKinney Chamber Carey Cox Citizen of the Year; an honor especially meaningful since it was named after his father.
- The Collin County Association of Realtors recently honored Bill with the Distinguished Service Award.
- Bill Cox was also chosen to receive his profession’s highest honor – NTCAR’s Stemmons Service Award. The annual recognition goes to a member of the North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (NTCAR) who best exemplifies the highest standards of a commercial broker along with a demonstrated commitment to professional and community involvement. The recipient is a proven industry leader who has earned the respect of his or her peers as an active Broker